Friday, March 4, 2011

"With regards to myself, I repeat what I said in my previous article; this is my personal opinion, not the opinion of Asharq Al-Awsat, as al-Jazeera has tried to claim. Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi can negotiate with the Israelis if he wants to, this is up to him and I have no control over his rights, he is fully aware of his own affairs. Yet I still cannot get over the quotes which al-Jazeera Online attributed to the Israeli writer. Having read al-Jazeera's report, I am still unable to understand who was offended by my article. Was it al-Jazeera, Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, or the Israelis? The quotes, adapted by al-Jazeera, are difficult to understand. Is Sheikh al-Qaradawi angry, because he wants to negotiate with the Israelis? Or is al-Jazeera angry, because it wants the negotiations to happen? Or are the Israelis angry, because they want the negotiations to start? I just want to understand, and I am willing to apologize to the offended party if someone can be kind enough to point me in the right direction!"

No comments:

Post a Comment